Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Spellbound

I am somewhat of a spelling and grammar snob. I wasn't an English major, nor did I love literature, I just think that their is a right way too communicate and it bother's me when people make alot of mistakes :) (See, it's annoying!)

Anyway here is a great comic on words that definitely need to be spelled correctly.
I think they should add the word "tomorrow," so my jackass boss will stop writing "tomarrow" in emails to our prospective clients. It's not a difficult word... tom, or, row. I shouldn't even get started on the emails my boss writes to clients. It's like showing up to a black tie dinner in sweatpants!

Also related to spelling, are two great movies that I highly recommend (btw, that is a difficult word to spell!). Spellbound is a documentary about kids who compete in spelling bees and Akeelah and the Bee is a fictional story of a girl who competes in spelling bees.

PS. Now that I have posted this, all of you 3 readers have my permission to make fun of me if I use improper grammar or misspell something!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no...now I'm scared to comment as I always do it quickly and probably full of errors! Yikes, the pressure is on :). Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) i TOO have the same affection for grammar and spelling... Spellbound is a great movie- LOVE IT! maybe we can play scrabble together? I'm guessing if you're a word nerd like i am, you love that game too!

    ReplyDelete